Thread: Nor Cal Trout

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nor Cal Trout

I did some trout fishing in Northern California this week. It is quite a contrast to walking the granite and the open spaces of the High Sierra. The fishing was not great but it was small stream fishing and in late August I think that is what you can expect. I went to a stream I have been to in the past but not in the last 15 years. I thought I would see how the creek and the area had changed but it was mostly the way I left it and I think I ended up seeing how I had changed. No big fish but that left me plenty of time for picture taking so some good stuff to look at.

I had overcast conditions and did some slow shutter speed shots which was a new thing for me.

Last light of the day in the trees.

Nice view downstream and some sort of old bridge. Indiana Jones would have run to the end of it and leaped across.

This guy landed on my sleeve and insisted I take his picture.

The underwater world of the cased caddis.

Macro shot of cased caddis gripping the rock in the current.

A lot of flaking in the past at the place I camped. I was not the first person to have camped there.

Nice background.

All nymphing today. No interest in the dry fly.

Top fish for the trip.

A good spot to chill your hoppy poppy. Also a good place to lay on the cool rocks for an hour after drinking some of your hoppy poppy.
    Last edited by John H; 10-13-2019 at 09:39 AM.