I decided to try the “beautiful high Sierra lake tucked against a mountain...” again.

Armed with my two weight this time and the float tube, I was on the road @ 8:30 a.m. and was on the water @ 10:00.

On the way up, Hope Valley was nearly void of cars and I couldn't spot ANY fisher people in the meadow.

At the lake, there were lots of small fish rising pre-noon for what I could tell was a size 30 (or smaller) emerging midge(s).

I kicked around the entire lake with little success and finally found some "players" on the shallow side of the lake.

Just after noon, I started getting grabs using a #16 nymph however, not the same action as last week.
I changed to a size #14 and had a "little better" result............go figure

I did catch some smallish rainbows this time and they were "very spunky" compaired to the brookies.

So, for an all day effort (10:00 - 7:00) I landed about a dozen and a half........not as good as last week......and again, mostly on the small side............. with a few exceptions this time.

Notable too was the fact that the outflow of the lake was much less than a week ago.

Last week I used a 4wt. and felt a little "over-gunned" and the 2wt. yesterday felt just right.

After Labor Day I may give it another shot.........................

Bob