Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's get some fishing reports from all over the world?

After a lot of Steelheading some are going for either Atlantic Salmon in the North Atlantic or Searun Brown trout in Patagonia.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I just got back from Alaska a couple of weeks ago.

Was working in Anchorage and I got away to fish the Mat-Su Valley area and the Kenai. Fishing was slow. In the Mat-Su valley we saw fish in the river but the water was pretty warm and very low. Then the fires started a week later. On the Kenai river the water is high due to high temperatures and lots of Glacial melt. Pretty slow fishing there too. But I saw fish moving upstream and a few trout were caught. The people whom were snagging (beading) they got Salmon but if you were swinging and counting on the fish to grab the fly then it was slow. In the rivers that were shallow some fish had died before they got to spawn. The Mat-Su valley is currently under drought conditions and have not had any serious rainfall since May. Some of the fish count stations were reporting depth at the weir as low as 6" and that is not good.

It was still nice to get out and fish some of those rivers and I heard that the Grayling streams up by Denali were doing okay.

Regards,

Tim C.

Fortunate to have a couple days to mix business with fishing around Missoula. Really appreciate how accommodating those cuties are with dry flies and soft hackles. Stopped at Fish Creek on the way into town. Again, 14 EC Caddis. Great fly. Sort of surprised no one in Montana has tied those in purple yet.

Hey there from the other coast, fishing out of the Western Long Island Sound in New York.

Not much to report here...yet. With a hot summer, and water temps hovering at or around 75, the bite has been slow. Occasional schoolie Stripers are found at night or early am; blind casting at structure (boulders) with the outgoing.

Bluefish are scarce; ironically non targeted species (Porgies and Sea Robins) have been quick to take a fly.

The next few weeks will bring cooler items, air and water...and then the fall is ON.

I'll give a little better report when I follow up.

Ron

I guess Spring and Fall is good out on the East side for Stripers?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    I guess Spring and Fall is good out on the East side for Stripers?
    Bill, it’s much better spring and fall than summer. The further out on Long Island, the better