Thread: Central Basin Water District (SE-LA County)

Default Central Basin Water District (SE-LA County)

I've been watching this situation since State Assemblyman Calderon, D-Montibello, was convicted for money laundering. Calderon had connections within this water contractor that benefitted his political career and enriched him personally. Central Basin is a wholesale water contractor that sells to 39 local water retailers (Municipalities, etc.). You can read about this in The Whittier Daily News and San Gabriel Valley Tribune. Just follow the link:

https://www.sgvtribune.com/2014/03/1...-lawsuit-says/

This is an example of what can happen when money, political influence and meetings/decisions are made "behind closed doors" by water contractors. This was confirmed by the State Audit Office and the whistleblower law suit.
    Last edited by Darian; 08-19-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Last edited by Lew Riffle; 08-18-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Default Central Basin

Thanks for the update, Lew. It's my understanding that the Calderon family has been involved in state/local politics and water dealings in soCal for some time.

If I recall correctly, you live in that area. Until her passing, my mother lived in Downey. So, I still have interest in some of the "stuff" that happens down there.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown