I realized that an old Harding & Sons rod and reel case for a 9' 3 piece rod works perfect for my new 11' 4 piece Spey?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R&R case.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	14896

I just put one extra 9' 0x leader, one spool of 2x tippet and a small fly box of Half-pounder flies in the top part of the rod and reel case.

I will be heading out in the early AM and/or late PM weekdays for Half-pounders.

I mostly just swing small wet flies on a floating line with a knotless tapered leader.

Many of us have fished this way for the past 50 years in the lower A.

I hope I hook one..........

When I was a teenager my folks would drop me off at Watt Avenue Bridge in the Fall.

I have my custom light action spinning rod made from a 7' one piece Lamiglass fly rod blank from Edwoldt's Rod & Reel Repair.

I had the same Shakespeare small maroon President 2052 spinning reel that Lefty used for light Bonefishing back then.

I drifted big night crawler worms using an Eagle Claw #181 size 6 bait holder hook and different size single split shot.

My friends and brothers would go with me later and I taught them how to drift the bottom for Steelhead.

High schools friends Larry Kelley and Jim Silva went with me.

I also swung white & silver Rooster Tail spinners.

The runs in the 1960s were much better than the runs we have now with larger fish up to 5 pounds on occasion.

Catching them on a floating line with a swung fly is so much better though................especially if you have a click-n-pawl reel.