Thread: Fogging up

Default Fogging up

So I’ve tried using one of the Buff sun gator sleeve thingys a few times now to minimize sunburn issues, however I’ve had substantial issues with my sunglasses getting so fogged up I’ve had to peel the Buff down. It’s rendered it almost useless for me, other than protecting my neck I guess. I notice they also make some with breathing holes/ventilation cut into them. Looks like it could be a substantial improvement? I’m curious if any of you have had experience with either/both?
    Cheers,
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I have a Simms sungaiter with holes in it. I use it for fishing as well as skiing and no fogging. I have also cut breathing holes in buffs and that works too.

Jason,

I hear you. Same thing happens to me. I am going to get a few with the holes around the mouth area.

Carl

Columbia makes some great Buffs that have the breathing holes in them, and have these dots in them that actually lower the temperature by 10 degrees. My favorite thing to do is dunk the Buff in a cooler of ice water and them put it on. Instant air conditioning.
    Don Memmer

Great, thanks for the info guys. I might experiment with some homemade ventilation holes in one of the buffs we have, and I do love the ice water idea. Why didn’t I think of that?! I’ll probably buy another with vents though, since it sounds like that really does help.
    JB
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Great, thanks for the info guys. I might experiment with some homemade ventilation holes in one of the buffs we have, and I do love the ice water idea. Why didn’t I think of that?! I’ll probably buy another with vents though, since it sounds like that really does help.
    JB
    I finally bought a Kiene's buff last year, only to somehow leave it on the Klamath river...must have fallen out of my vest
    end of day.

I love the protection. I used to always come back from fishing trips looking like Two-Face when using sunscreen.
    Ya, that's a good look.

Will have to remember to soak it in water....duh!

Eric

I use one for road biking. The fogging was ridiculous so I cut a hole at the mouth to breathe and it works pretty well. I had a biking jacket that was too warm and I cut some ventilation holes in that also. Cut away.

The ones with holes help. Aftco makes good ones. You can also try wearing your sunglasses on the outside of the mask. In other words pull it up over your nose to just below your eyes and then put you glasses on over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MThompson View Post
    The ones with holes help. Aftco makes good ones. You can also try wearing your sunglasses on the outside of the mask. In other words pull it up over your nose to just below your eyes and then put you glasses on over it.
    That’s exactly how I’ve worn my shades, but at least in tropical heat/humidity it was no help. Probably works better here in California’s dry heat?
    - unknown