Thread: Update on todays CFW Meeting

Default Update on todays CFW Meeting

Long Story Short....... We were able to push back a decision to Repeal the 1996 Striped Bass Policy! The next meeting will be on December 11 in Sacramento. If you are a fan of this fishery I urge you all to join us in an effort to stop the water grab by The Coalition For A Sustainable Delta funded by Paramount Farms/Wonderful Pistachios/Stuart Resnick in the name of Salmanoid restoration! This group wants water from the delta at ANY cost and does not represent the general population in California! I don't think that any of them ever fish!

I would like to Greatly Thank the members of the Fly Fishing Community in our area that showed up at.... and took a day off to support our cause!

Rick Anderson-Owner @ Fly Fishing Specialties

Bryce Tedford @Bryce Tedford Fly Fishing (showed up at the Redding meeting in June also)

Chuck Ragan @ CRGuideservice

Toby Uppinghouse @ Edgewaterguideservice

Jeff Stevens with CFF and NorCalFlyfishers and CFF (showed up at the Redding meeting in June also)

Mark V....Striper Advocate

When you all are spending your FF dollars.....please remember that these great people are there to support our fishery and willing to take a Hit to do so!!!!!

We need the support of All Of The Fly Fishing community in this battle!

Hatch - I am glad you and others are out there fighting the good fight. Thanks. Irrigation interests in this state are relentless. I am not much of a striped fisherman but I am marking December 11 on my calendar.

Great news and thanks Maury and all.

Hope to make it on dec 11

Cheers

CA D of F&W is run by our politician$ who are run by our Lobbyist$,

The Conventional Bass Industry is about 100 times larger than the fly fishing industry so they should be pretty mad about this?

One of our Reps said that the "plastics" part of the conventional Bass lure industry alone was larger than the entire fly fishing industry.

One thing that worked in the past was to get politicians who fly fish out with the guides to see what we have in California so they can fight it too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........