Thread: Hwy 88 Which of these lakes to fish !!!

Default Hwy 88 Which of these lakes to fish !!!

Hey gang !!!!

Nope, no Pyramid report here from me , but I do have a lake(s) question.

The Hwy 88 lakes corridor is a "comfortable" one hour (plus or minus a little) drive for me.........I'm considering a solo day trip to either:

Scotts Lake
    Kirkwood Lake
    Woods Lake

Which of these lakes "should fish the best" and would you choose given:

I'd like to be close to the shore/parking/launch area to carry/grunt my Watermaster to the water (I just turned 60 and things aren't as easy as they were 20-30 years ago).

If the Watermaster would be a pain, I have a float tube, but I'd prefer using the Watermaster though.

I've got a "stock" Jeep Grand Cherokee so no extreme 4wd roads/trails........mild dirt roads are o.k. though.

I'm going probably next Wednesday or Thursday (midweek).

My "local spots" are weeded over and too warm to fish till maybe October or November.

And by "fish the best" I'm looking for all day action.....larger fish would be a plus and I don't mind "truck trout"............... everything will be catch and release anyway.

P.M.'s are welcomed if you don't wish to disclose any of your "secrets" here.

Thanks for any and all help !!!!!!

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 08-01-2019 at 07:28 PM.

I'm looking for a drive to lake with all day action.....larger fish would be a plus.

I and 1,000 other people are following this thread. Trucks are loaded and motors running. FaceBook ready!

Looks like Kirkwood is scheduled for a CA Fish & Game plant this week so that would probably be the best bet for all day action.

I would go to Capels. Bigger fish. Fished woods last year. Big people hatch and small fish.... could be different this year. Have fun where ever you go.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLilly View Post
    I'm looking for a drive to lake with all day action.....larger fish would be a plus.

I and 1,000 other people are following this thread. Trucks are loaded and motors running. FaceBook ready!
    Give it a break with this stupid type of post. This whole forum talks about where people are fishing and how the fishing is.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Just as long as he doesn’t reveal any of those top secret, unknown, easy to access waters that lie beside state highways...