Quote Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
Mike

I floated the lower Sac in mid May with a guide for the first time. It was a lot of fun. Flows were about 8K when we went, I think they're about 11K now.

We did the same float that TroutHunter mentioned. For the most part, we fished the inside seam of almost every riffle and drop off and stayed in the main channel of the river. We simply blew through long stretches of featureless water on our way to the next riffle.

As far as handling the shuttle, I've used Uber and it works great.

Ron
I fished it for the first time with a guide a couple weeks ago and it made a huge difference in understanding the nuance of the river. Prior, I had floated it 4-5 times with moderate success. The lower sac is a huge river and surprisingly technical. So understanding how to fish certain sections that are seemingly featureless to the naked eye, learning the micro hatches, and how the flows affect the fish is something only a guide who is on the water everyday can provide. Most guides are more than willing to answer your questions.

Re: shuttles, there's a women, Kim, who does shuttles. Her info is posted on The Fly Shops fishing report section. Uber/lyft works well too.