Thread: Guide Reports

Default Guide Reports

Bill,

Well there used to be a blog with Guide Reports for Nor Cal and it was very useful to see if places were fishing well. It seems to have been shut down. Just wondering if this forum could set up a new category for guide reports with a no reply. Mostly I think guides don't post as they get a ton of flack from some people. It would be nice to see guide reports from Nor Cal and even all over the US and the World. I am not a guide, but trust most of them...

Quote Originally Posted by cyama View Post
    Bill,

Well there used to be a blog with Guide Reports for Nor Cal and it was very useful to see if places were fishing well. It seems to have been shut down. Just wondering if this forum could set up a new category for guide reports with a no reply. Mostly I think guides don't post as they get a ton of flack from some people. It would be nice to see guide reports from Nor Cal and even all over the US and the World. I am not a guide, but trust most of them...
    I think that is a great idea. If people don't want to see "guide spam", then they don't have to click on it, if they have their own forum section. I don't know if guides would be willing to put up with the BS that usually follows guide posts, but having a "no reply" format may solve that issue in part. If someones wants to ask a question they could then PM the guide (although, since that's a lot of work, I don't think that would fly either).

However, since most guides (not all, thankfully!), rarely include any relevant info of value, other than fishing is "red hot, come book a trip with me", I'm not sure I'd even bother reading it unless they put some relevant info in it.
    Last edited by WLREDBAND; 07-26-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Just posted my summer report. I havent actually posted one since January so my apologies, hope you enjoy the report.

Tight Lines
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer