Quote Originally Posted by cmcdhuibh View Post
don't know why you would cross it out. These shots are not of wrights lake, you don;t have to hike to wrights if that is the reason.
Enchanted pools/ falls is a little north east from beauty lake on the south fork silver creek.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Y...95&w=134&h=112
Thanks. Yes, I realized that after re-reading the original description. Kind of "d'oh" moment

I've not spent much time in Desolation in the summer -- I used to go rock climbing up at Phantom Spires during the cooler seasons, so the road to Wright's Lake is familiar to me. By the time summer comes around I usually head for other spots in the Sierra.

By the way, Caltopo dot com now has high-res satellite images you can overlay onto topo maps. Nice for checking early season snow coverage. It's based on Copernicus / Sentinel satellites (five day cycles). It won't tell you how fast the creeks are running and can be obscured by clouds, but it can be a handy tool for checking conditions, particularly in high snow years like this one. The Caltopo blog had an entry about it in late June.