Thread: Classic Accerrories Colorado

Default Classic Accerrories Colorado

Has anyone used the Colorado pontoon? I have found them as low as $359 in Amazon. Just wondering how shallow they will run in the river. We have Blue Ribbon Trout streams here in Missouri but they are shallow in the summer. The thing is where we would float it it would be a 2 day float and a lot of very shallow water. But the trout is great fishing. Would hve to take a small tent , sleeping bag and have a Little Oscar cooler to strap on the rack and I don't care about a trolling motor there. I even have a 1 burner stove I can take and a small lantern. But with all that and my old butt will it float thru our shallow water. What do you guys say?

I have a version of this boat. I've only used it on still waters. It runs less than six inches deep.

I would buy a used Outcast PAC 900 or PAC 1000.

Sometimes that really cheap stuff can fail half way down the river.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I agree with Bill, cheap inflatables are for stillwater. Colorado XT has 15" diameter tubes while the top brands use 16- 20" diameter tubes. Bigger diameter tube means boat rides higher.

In another post you said you weighed 300lbs-- so if you are really set on a cheap inflatable, buy one you can return, load it up and test it out on water to see how far underwater the tubes are.. and then figure out how "shallow" the water you want to float is-- and you can answer your question. Inflatables are not meant to drag on the bottom and getting stuck on rocks in current is a recipe for disaster.

You might want to consider a hard bottom boat, a wide fishing canoe or even a roto-molded boat.

I'd still like to hear from someone that has one to see what they say about them. How good they are. If you remember, Trout Unlimited endorsed this model.

Quote Originally Posted by kbbgood View Post
    I'd still like to hear from someone that has one to see what they say about them. How good they are. If you remember, Trout Unlimited endorsed this model.
    I have a 9' Outcast and love it. It's now about 17-18 years old and it's still an ass kicker of an inflatable. When my son in law wanted to get in to Stillwater fishing he chose the Colorado & it was a POS! Spend a few more bucks and get something you'll appreciate as the years go on...the Colorado is not the way to go. I gave it a test drive and hated it for many reasons. Reno Ragarm

I picked up a 9 foot outcast recently. I second it,great boats.

So how is the fishcat 9 compared to the pac 900?

Reno, what is wrong with the Colorado XT?

Well guys, I found a Fishcat 9 for 350 and am picking it up first thing in the morning. I hope it is good enough for the rivers. He has been using it on them.
    Last edited by kbbgood; 05-17-2020 at 05:20 PM.