Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raider Cheer Leaders

In my last job the agency Director was a Raiderette, she’s about 10 years younger than me so I’m guessing around mid 1980’s. An extremely intelligent person with a photographic memory who happened to be a great poker player. Don’t make assumptions.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Buzolich View Post
    Way back Tennessee Earnie Ford used those lyrics in one of his songs about "make an ugly woman your wife,,, and you'll be happy for the rest of your life".

Makes good sense to me Tony
    Tennessee Ernie covered the 1963 original song by Johnny Soul, "If You Wanna Be Happy" that made the Pop Top 25.

Jim

I like the one from a few years back that became an attorney.
    Steelhead gear = $6287, no of adults caught = 3, amortized cost = $2,095.67, beaching that 30" fish and letting it go = priceless

A friend of mine’s late wife was a Raiderette in the 70’s. Love of his life, and he’s never really recovered from her passing, so it can work well.

My wife of 31 years wasn’t a Raiderette but could have passed for one back in the day. If you settled for ugly (or if your spouse did) because it was safe like the song said, my condolences. Of course, if you’re happy, more power to you.

is a cheerleader for the Oakland Raiderettes, performing dance routines at football games for which she makes $5 an hour. But Brown thinks girls should be more interested in following her example into her other occupation: scientist. When she’s not shaking pompoms, Brown is earning her Ph.D. in biomedical engineering at the University of California Davis. That’s why she’s a member of the Science Cheerleaders, a group of women with big smiles and even bigger brains, who share an ambition to get young girls to think differently about careers in science and engineering.

Zack Seward of Onward, “Our ultimate goals are to inspire young people to be interested in science, specifically young girls, and to playfully challenge stereotypes.” The Science Cheerleaders, whose members also include professional cheerleaders for the Redskins, the Titans, and the Kansas City Chiefs who are studying and working in such fields as engineering, neuroscience, and pathology, performed at the half time of a recent Philadelphia 76ers game, where they were introduced with information about their research interests and led the crowd in a participatory science project.

Hilary Nicholson, a cheerleader who’s working toward a Ph.D. at Brown, told Seward, “I stand out on the court and they announce I’m a molecular pharmacology and physiology Ph.D. student, and I have my hair curled and I’m wearing a short suit and it doesn’t look like what they’re expecting. That polar opposite perception really drives the point home.” Three cheers for that!