We have spent two of the last three weekends up in our place at Truckee, which allowed me to get in some fly fishing . . . making up for lost time. I hit MF Feather, Truckee, NF Yuba and Lower Yuba. Here is a report in brief:

Truckee - Flows down to very fish-able levels above Prosser and Boca inflows, high but fishable below. The raft hatch however is in full swing, from Downtown Truckee, all the way down. I think the fish above Boca are recovering from PTSD after the concentration of fishermen on the Upper Stretches.

NF Yuba - Still VERY high. You find yourself fishing small pockets and the edges as most water is really moving here.

MF Feather - Flows have come into good shape and really dropped in the past 2 weeks. The river is fishing very well right now. We fished from Graeagle down to Sloat and had good fishing on all sections. Some of the larger Browns in this section were ready to play.

Lower Yuba - still running high. We caught some fish, but at these flows, the riverbed seems to have lost a lot of it's character. Out in the middle of the river, it is deep and fast. So many of the willows on the banks have been washed away, I wonder how the hopper fishing will be in late summer.

Four of us are off to Montana on Wednesday for 8 days of fishing. All of the rivers went off there about 2-3 weeks ago, so it looks like we will hit it right!! Reports are awesome. We intend to wade Rock Creek and it's Forks and Flint Creek. Our floats will be on the Clark Fork, Blackfoot and over to the Big Hole one day.

We have done his trip for 12 years now. We move around different parts of Southwestern Montana each year, from Dillon to St.Regis. For the first time, we are staying in Philipsburg, at the forks of Rock Creek. I've been through Pburg a lot, but never stayed up there . . . I'm really looking forward to it.

Bob