All,

Looking to get out this week with two of my boys (age 7 and 4) and looking for recommendations on any areas that would produce action to keep them interested for an hour or two? Size is of no concern, bluegills and small bass would be a fun time. When i fish its usually out of B&W or Wimpys but wanted to see if there were any harbors that allowed fishing which might produce more immediate action? Or should i just target bass in the usual spots and hope for a productive morning with a few takes on top?

I took my oldest out to Miller Park Harbor last year at first light and the fishing was great and he had a great time however it turns out the harbor doesn't allow boats to fish in here despite the navigable waterway... total bummer as it was perfect with several bass and blue gills hitting little poppers on a fly rod. Anything similar to this around without being pushed out?

Plan on taking the 7 year old on the american for stripers as he has more patience but really want to get the 4 year old some fish as he loves casting and want to keep it positive.

Thanks for any help or assistance provided.