Thread: Outcast Commander Stripping Basket modifications

Default Outcast Commander Stripping Basket modifications

I recently bought a used Outcast Commander, the older version with the pointed bow and stern.
    Love the boat but I'm finding the stripping basket set-up to be less than adequate.
    The plastic legs are really flimsy and the basket moves around a lot. The basket is also tall and off your lap that you hit it while rowing.

Besides shorting the plastic tabs to make it lower, I was just curious if anyone had any other modification or made their own basket and would be willing to share some photos.

Thanks in advance.
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish View Post
    I recently bought a used Outcast Commander, the older version with the pointed bow and stern.
    Love the boat but I'm finding the stripping basket set-up to be less than adequate.
    The plastic legs are really flimsy and the basket moves around a lot. The basket is also tall and off your lap that you hit it while rowing.

Besides shorting the plastic tabs to make it lower, I was just curious if anyone had any other modification or made their own basket and would be willing to share some photos.

Thanks in advance.
    SF

I have not used the Outcast stripping basket, but I can see how the raised edges would get in the way.

My Watermaster has a flat mesh (no raised edges) that has bungee type cords at the 4 corners. I use it more for storage than as a stripping basket. Here is link to their product page so you can see pictures. https://www.bigskyinflatables.com/pr...ripping-apron/ .

If the Outcast basket will fit between the side tubes, you could lower it by attaching elastic cords to the top of each corner and attaching to the side tubes. Harbor Freight sells 4 mini bungee with end beads for $2.49. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piec...set-47302.html and if you need something on the side tubes to attach to, you can buy 4 D rings with glue on Amazon for $12-$16 (or from a raft company for $24-$30)

Jim

Jim,

Thank you for the information.
    Much appreciated.
    SF