Thread: Big mako

Default Big mako

Aloha got a 700lb mako yesterday on conventional gear yesterday in San Diego too big for a fly rod will post a picture later Mems
    Don Memmer

Cool 700 Pounder....

HOLEEE CRAP!!!! A 700 pound Mako is amazing. How long was the fight?? Did it jump?? I've seen videos of 200 pounders jumping/clearing the water by 7'-8' during the fight.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Don,

Why no fly rod ? I thought TFO's could handle anything
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

As per Tony's request here is the monster mako. My son Luke is going to make a video I will post it when he is pau.
    Don Memmer

Thanks Don for getting that pic up so quick. What a mouthful of dentition. Some things just aren't meant fly rods,,,, this is one of them. No less fun though. Did he go airborne ?

A few years ago Jim and I booked a trip with Dave Trimble while he was still working with Conway Bowman. I remember seeing this dorsal coming in to our chum slick, and then having it circle our boat several times. The whole while his black evil eye is looking at us as if asking "I dare you" while Dave would tease him with a live mackerel. Jim got the first shot and then it was game on as he went jump after jump.

Great fun no matter how you get them. Congratulations, Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180