Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McCloud Access

I was up there yesterday and the road was still closed after the reservoir. Big electronic sign posted by the airstrip.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

I might also note that at the PCT trail there is a notice that tells hikers that the forest Service road from Iron Canyon reservoir is also blocked about a mile from Ash Camp so coming in the back way will not help you either. Regardless if you come in from the dam or in from the back way it is about a mile hike in to Ash Camp.

Regards,

Tim C.

Thank you Tim for the second note. Was thinking that I would try to go to ash camp that way..but may change plans now.

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    I might also note that at the PCT trail there is a notice that tells hikers that the forest Service road from Iron Canyon reservoir is also blocked about a mile from Ash Camp so coming in the back way will not help you either. Regardless if you come in from the dam or in from the back way it is about a mile hike in to Ash Camp.

Regards,

Tim C.
    Curious if you saw anyone camping at Ash Camp? A mile walk in might not be so bad.

I did not notice anyone camping there but it was mid-week.

Regards,

Tim C.