Lots of fishing and options this time of year...

Open Dates:
June 13, 14, 18,
July 10, 19, 24-26, 31
August 3, 31

Open Dates are getting pretty thin for the next couple months so if you are not on the calendar to fish for stripers or trout on the Lower Yuba make sure you get your dates!

Reports

Lower Sacramento River Stripers - Fishing has been up and down with the weather as the recent rash of storms we had blew the river out for a few days but it has dropped and cleared QUICKLY. With normal mid 80s/90s weather showing up this week the fish should really get chowing and with good flows Shad should move through and spawn quick. Fishing should really get going this week and the summer fall season should be under way with some stable weather going forward.

Lake Oroville - With the river blowing out I have been guiding Lake Oroville that last week and it has been silly at times fishing the float n fly, stripping flies, and even fishing top water. The lake is full and spotted bass are tight to structure but knowing what structure they want on a day to day basis has been really the key to finding good schools of fish. Even been finding some nice crappie in the flooded coves as well. As long as the weather stays cool during the evenings fishing should stay good throughout the day. Ounce the weather starts to warm fishing will be good early and late.

Lower Yuba River - Clarity is GREAT! Flows are still high but seem to be slowly dropping. Flows sit around 5,500cfs and fish are being caught. I have personally not floated the river lately but I will SOON as stable, high, cold, and clear flows mean the fishing is going to be GOOD this summer. Most poeple dont think of the Lower Yuba River as a good summer fishery as the heat keeps most people off but there is NO COLDER tailwater fishery in CA and with plenty of water the fish feel safe and are comfortable eating all day. Look for some great hatches and fishing this summer!

Carp Fishing - With all the water this year some of my favorite carp flats are FULL and fish have been moving in with purpose to feed and hang. There is nothing more challenging in freshwater then sight fishing to carp in the flats of a lake or river.

Hogan Brown

https://www.hgbflyfishing.com/