Thread: Can you row? Wanna fish some fun rivers from a sweet boat?

Default Can you row? Wanna fish some fun rivers from a sweet boat?

Hey All

I am looking for a fishing buddy or 3 that can row a boat. I moved down here and started a family. Been busy with babies and have used all of my free time, lol, to fish solo. Kids are just turning 5 and 8. And I have some time...and a new boat. I can fish plenty solo from it on some rivers. Others not so much lol.

If you having some rowing skills and might like to get out, send me a pm. I have been fly fishing almost 25 years. Tying my own for 10. In my late 40s. I also used to guide whitewater in Oregon and Alaska. So i have plenty of skills there. Bonus if you are comfortable in a bit more challenging water...

Some of my favorites to run and fish are...Forks of the American, Yuba, Lower Sac, Truckee, Lower American for Striper/Shad...and hoping to add to that list. Will try to add a pic or 2 of the boat. Its an Outcast Pac 1300 with full fiahing frame setup and anchor. Rod tubes, the whole 9. Photo upload not working right now.

Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from some folks and see if it might be a fit.

Default Rowing

Howdy,

I noticed nobody responded to your post so I thought Id give it a go. Im still new to the sticks though, prob only rowed 10 times, but rapidly getting the hang of it, pull away from obstacles and whatnot and learning to manage the drift. Ive rowed on the S Boise, Rogue, American, Feather and Yuba. Still learning, but its hard to get better without a boat! Always game to get out on a river and help out if you still need some help and dont mind trading some tips.

Cheers

Jon
    Sacramento

Sent a pm to you

Hey Jon

Actually, several people have responded...but all have sent me pms. I have just sent you a pm as well. Thanks for reaching out!