Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Heydays of Fly Fishing in Nor Cal......1970s

From Darin's post:

"I've been trying to remember the tier I met in Sebastopol who created/produced the Salmon Creek Special. Very nice guy who took time to explain to me how to fish small estuaries like Salmon Creek near Bodega Bay (I'll probably remember at 3:00 AM, tonight )."

Darian,
    Would that older gent be Irwin Thompson? We spent many days in his little shop behind his house in Sebastopol. Learned much about FF'ing and tying from him. His FAVORITE rod at the time was a little Jimmie Green 7 1/2' 5 or 6 wt that he fished religiously, whether fishing the Russian or Los Molinos on the Sac. Fishing for shad, his fav, or steelhead.
    .....lee s.

Thumbs up Irwin Thompson....

Lee,.... Thanks for reminding me. It was Irwin Thompson that I was trying to recall. He watched me from the bluff trying to cast in the narrow part of the Salmon Creek lagoon. Then walked down to provide some friendly advice. Never forgot that kindness....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown