Thread: La Paz, Baja

Default La Paz, Baja

I have been down fishing in Baja this week with Jay Murakoshi. There is more bait than we have seen in years. As a consequence the big fish are around. We are seeing big roosters, little roosters, amberjack, pompano, big and little Jack cravelle, black skipjack, a few dorado, and there are lots of tuna and wahoo here too. Our first 5 days the weather was perfect, but today it is really blowing so we are back at the hotel. Yesterday I lost 3 grande roosters but my partner got a big one. I will post just a few fish photos from the week. I will post photos when I get home because I am having trouble on the iPad.Attachment 14692Attachment 14693Attachment 14694Attachment 14695Attachment 14696
    Last edited by FISHEYE; 05-12-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHEYE View Post
    I have been down fishing in Baja this week with Jay Murakoshi. There is more bait than we have seen in years. As a consequence the big fish are around. We are seeing big roosters, little roosters, amberjack, pompano, big and little Jack cravelle, black skipjack, a few dorado, and there are lots of tuna and wahoo here too. Our first 5 days the weather was perfect, but today it is really blowing so we are back at the hotel. Yesterday I lost 3 grande roosters but my partner got a big one. I will post just a few fish photos from the week. I will post photos when I get home because I am having trouble on the iPad.
    Fisheye- Great news for all of us heading down to Loreto in late June...I been told by lots of people this year is going to be epic Carl Blackledge

I wish I was staying another week.

Hey Phil, glad the fish are there. How is the new hotel? I will be there in June for father's day. Go get a big rooster before you have to go back to the land of over and under halibut, Don.
    Don Memmer

The Sea of Cortez, Baja, Mexico is still one of the best deals for fly fishers especially in the Spring, Summer and Fall.

We are very lucky to have some real experts who post here that would help you plan a good trip.

Getting help with a good location, timing, tackle, and flies helps make your trip sucessful

Carl Blackledge is our Forum expert on Loreto.

Jay Murakoshi is very knowledgeable on La Paz.

I have been to both place and they are a great value, especially if you live on the West side of the USA.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Mems, we love the new Hotel Blue. It is new and nothing is falling apart. We walk to almost everywhere we go for dinner, and we can stop for coffee in the morning. It does not have the atmosphere of La Concha but I give it a 10. I am already booked for next year for 2 weeks.

I cannot decipher how to include photos.

Hey Phil, I use IMGUR and just copy the images into the thread. I gave up on photo bucket.
    Don Memmer

Fisheye- Any Dorado yet?

We saw a few and saw a few caught. The water was warming all week, so it will be getting better.