Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Float N' Fly Instructional Video

Default New Float N' Fly Instructional Video

Part 3 of 3 Bank Instructional is now finished. I meant to have this video done in the winter, but life just didn't permit that. The info laid out here will still be great for the next month. Especially if we get cooler days like today. This video is a long one, but I'm proud of it, tells a bit of a story, along with all the secrets, tips, tricks.

PART 3: https://youtu.be/XkON2he1LPE

I think allot of people missed my part 2 post on here, I had just posted it on an old thread of mine. So make sure to check out part 2, which focuses on Topwater, if you haven't seen it already. Part 1 focuses specifically on Topwater as well. All bank fishing tutorials.

Topwater bite began a few weeks ago, so currently, all the info in each one of these videos applies to our local fisheries. I've been guiding topwater/streamers in the mornings/evenings, and indicators mid day. Fish have been absolutely gorging all day long!

PART 1: https://youtu.be/78cY0ZTTshE

PART 2: https://youtu.be/fIASdUEgUFs

That is a fine video. You have a lot of work into it and it should improve a lot of people’s angling even though they will likely never thank you for it. I have been thinking about trying the float fishing. A guy I know does it at Berryessa and raves about it. My only reservation is I do a lot of indicator watching already for trout and steelhead. Bass fishing is where I get away from the indicator but I think I will need to mix it in. The whole idea of walking shorelines at reservoirs is kind of fresh. I like it especially if you can get on some good shoreline without a lot of boat traffic and the bathtub ring is not too bad.

Thanks for making that and sharing it.

Thanks John I really appreciate that. I've got enough recognition on this these days to make me happy, but it sure is blowing up. Lots of trout guides starting to do this for bass now.

I completely understand your reservations about wanting to avoid indicators when bass fishing because we do enough of it for trout already. I had the same train of thought, and still do to a small degree. That's why originally I only did this in the winter. But when I saw how effective it was, I had to keep on using it in the spring.

Berryessa is a prime fishery for it during the early Spring, this is the first year I've committed time out there and the results have impressed me allot.

But truth be told now with the warmer weather, experienced bass fly anglers have little need for the indicators. Not the case 1 month ago though. So I'd just say keep this in mind for next year! Or maybe go out this year to dabble just for the sake of testing.

I always appreciate your feedback and encouragement. Thanks again John!

Thanks for sharing some great info! Going to watch all of your videos again. Thanks, Bill

Thank you Bill! Very good to hear. Good luck out there!

Top Nor Cal guide, innovator, instructor and videographer Ryan Williams is doing a wonderful job promoting the great sport of fly

fishing. I love the fact that he promotes lots of different fly fishing species and methods.

Take a look at his web site:

https://flyfishcnv.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Very nice Ryan. Proud of you. Thumbs up!
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Bill and Ken, your kind words truly mean allot. My videos don't get those thousands of views like many do, but good feedback from people such as yourselves is what fuels my fire to keep these videos going!

Ryan; your videos inspired me to investigate Clear Lake further. I got 8 club members over to Clear Lake for crappie last year; and interest this year was almost double. Your slide presentation at our club increased interest as well. Keep up the good work.

McFish, this is great stuff to hear! I'm guessing you were apart of the group trip this year that I guided on?