I recently jumped on the this inTouch band wagon because I liked the castability and the sensitivity of these lines. I ran out and purchased a 4 and 5 wt of these lines. My success rate has dropped significantly since switching from my Cortland clear cameo line. I thought it was just me but I was out fishing with my brother he was slaying them and I could not get a grab. I had the entire line out and could not hit bottom in 5-6 ft of water.

I switched to the old line and immediately caught fish. I want to make sure I am not unusual but I could fish my old line from 0 - 15ft without issue by varying the amount of line and time to sink and trolling speed etc. I have snagged bottom in Fuller lake that's 18ft. Maybe I have been doing it wrong all these years but everyone is telling me an intermediate line is for 5-6 ft. My question is why does my old line sink beyond 5-6ft and these new lines do not. Have I been using them incorrectly all these years? If I cannot get into the zone the are of no use to me.

I call Rio and they were not much help. I expect an intermediate line to sink be it slow or what ever it should sink eventually and it if has a neutral buoyancy of 5-6 ft it should be a labeled a hover line. There are only certain situations and conditions where I would need a line like that but unfortunately it does not offer me the versatility I'm used to and expect. If you are in the market for one let me know as my loss could be your gain.

Thanks,

Jet