Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtb small raft trailer

Default Wtb small raft trailer

Looking for a flatbed trailer capable of hauling a small raft (under 12’). Needs to be capable of handling longer distance highway travel.

Get something with bigger wheels.....

Real short trailers are very hard to back up.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Looking for a flatbed trailer capable of hauling a small raft (under 12’). Needs to be capable of handling longer distance highway travel.
    Still looking.

I'd also accept recommendations of places to look for a new trailer...dealers or distributors with good reputations and reasonable prices.

I don't need something fancy. Just reliable for journeys to/from North Coast rivers.

i got my 4x8 trailer at TSC Tractor Supply Company. I think it was a good value. Most of the stores have trailer on the lot so you can see before buy. Mines got the bigger 13 inch wheels
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Hi,
    I had a Harbor Freight 4 X 8 trailer with 12" wheels used to transport my 10.5 foot portabote. This trailer worked well for me. I had on freeway going 65mph without a problem (1.5hr driving to the Forebay each way), and felt the wheel bearing for heat(no heat from wheel bearing). I have since sold the trailer.

Good Luck
    Mark

Check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by Robert B. View Post
    Check your PM
    Thanks — replied.

Just saw this on Craigslist.....may need a little TLC but only $650 w/ Toolbox.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/tr...894055491.html

I just finished a complete overhaul of my Harbor Freight trailer. It came with the Outcast Pac 13 I bought from an individual last fall. He had already added a set of carpeted bunks on top for the pontoons to sit on. A nice touch for sure. The issues with this trailer that concerned me the most were the wiring, lighting, and 55mph wheels. I ordered a new set of 12 inch tires and wheels rated for 81 mph as well as a new wiring kit from etrailer.com. I also went with a set of LED tail lights and clearance lights from the same place. I changed all my lights on my bassboat trailer 5 years ago and they're bulletproof. Only way to go. I found a bearing and seal kit on Amazon for $40. They're Russian which is an upgrade from the Chinese bearings that come with the trailer. The wiring was easy because you can just flip the trailer over and do the work. With all these mods I'm now very confident about pulling any distance. The PAC 13 is not a heavy load by any stretch and this trailer should give me years of service. Now if I could just get out and use the damn thing.
    Last edited by MThompson; 07-20-2019 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Mistated the model number of the raft

To be clear, the boat is an Outcast Fish Cat 13 pontoon boat