Next day we go offshore and head north looking for birds. Sure enough, birds everywhere, piles of them, along with busting yellowfins.

We brought fly rods but were told to put them way, these are too big for light rods. Wham! Off go the rods and we've got a double yellowfin hook up.

Rounding the point we head east toward Bay of Wrecks and spot more birds. Another rod goes off and I've got a nice wahoo.

More birds everywhere, more yellowfin breaking the surface. Hook up again and again, Even a triple once.

My rod goes off again but this time it's heavier and takes lots of line before slowing. Big tuna? Wahoo? Soon enough we see color 30' down,,,,,, a shark! Geez, on a trolling Rapala plug. The guides are all happy and quickly subdue the bronze-whaler (I think?) with ropes and gaffs. “ Good eating here” they say.

This year the bones seemed bigger than ever. Maybe it was the moon or maybe the locals aren't eating as many as they used to. In either case the last couple of days were fantastic right close to the lodge. My guide for the last two days was Tootene'. Again fantatic eye-sight. Perfect instructions, and we caught fish. Lots of fish in the 4-6lb range. And I got several personal best at 8lbs. And one at 10lbs plus.

So if you want to try something new head to the Villages and ask about taking a Milkfish. Don't even think about using anything less than a 12 wt.for them. Jim even used his 14 wt and it wasn't over gunned them.

For the bones, they're there all the time, but on or near a full moon they come in to spawn and seem much larger and heavier than usual.

And for the GT's, you just have to put in your time and stay away broken ledges and bloody knees.

Tony