Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's a New Fish in Town - Christmas Island 2019 Part Two

Jason,

Be well prepared for the UN-expected fight Saltwater fish have..you will be hooked for life. Good luck and make sure you write a report

Carl Blackledge

Indeed! Didn’t mean to derail this thread though. Just sharing that Tony’s post and pictures just upped my anticipation for our big adventure greatly. Definitely looked like an amazing trip, lots of cool fish, and big ones too. Thanks again for sharing Tony.
    Cheers,
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I heard they caught a milkie down in La Paz on fly while eating their burrito lunch and throwing tortillas in the water for chum. Hopefully Jay will confirm this story, Mems.
    Don Memmer

It actually happened a few years ago with one of the guys in my group I brought down while working with Jay. I can't remember his name but he was the owner of several Mc Donalds restaurants in and around Phoenix. He actually caught the milkfish with a clouser while fishing deep for skipjacks or toro.

We'd often see schools of them skimming the surface in the mornings when the sea was flat just south of Isla Cerralvo.

Chumming with tortillas ?
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180