Thread: Pyramid report, 4/27-4/29

Default Pyramid report, 4/27-4/29

My brother and I fishied Pelican Sat-Mon a few hours each day:
    Sat, 4/27, 4:00-7:00 P.M.: a total bust. Light winds, no riffles on the water and warm air temp lead to tough fishing. Of the 12-15 anglers in sight I saw only ONE angler catch two fish. Everyone else zero.
    Sun, 4/28, 10:30-4:15: 20 mph winds from the North with heavy waves. I fished next to the guy who had caught the two fish yesterday. I was lucky to find a tiny "honey hole" right in front of me that produced 4 fish and 1 LDR. When the "honey hole" dried up, I managed to pick up 3 more fish by fan casting. The other guy caught 4 fish. However, all of the other six or eight anglers in sight caught a total of TWO fish.
    Mon, 4/29, 10:30-1:15: moderate winds with a small chop on the water. The water I fished yesterday was muddy from overnight winds so it was unfishable. I fished elsewhere but had only one LDR. Later on the spot I fished yesterday cleared up so I and my brother moved there. He caught 2 fish from the spot. I caught 3 fish from where the other angler had caught the 4 fish yesterday. I also had 2 LDR's. There were only four or five other anglers but I didn't a single fish caught by any of them.
    So despite my "skunk" on Saturday, I was pleased with my results on Sunday and Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by HSano View Post
    My brother and I fishied Pelican Sat-Mon a few hours each day:
    Sat, 4/27, 4:00-7:00 P.M.: a total bust. Light winds, no riffles on the water and warm air temp lead to tough fishing. Of the 12-15 anglers in sight I saw only ONE angler catch two fish. Everyone else zero.
    Sun, 4/28, 10:30-4:15: 20 mph winds from the North with heavy waves. I fished next to the guy who had caught the two fish yesterday. I was lucky to find a tiny "honey hole" right in front of me that produced 4 fish and 1 LDR. When the "honey hole" dried up, I managed to pick up 3 more fish by fan casting. The other guy caught 4 fish. However, all of the other six or eight anglers in sight caught a total of TWO fish.
    Mon, 4/29, 10:30-1:15: moderate winds with a small chop on the water. The water I fished yesterday was muddy from overnight winds so it was unfishable. I fished elsewhere but had only one LDR. Later on the spot I fished yesterday cleared up so I and my brother moved there. He caught 2 fish from the spot. I caught 3 fish from where the other angler had caught the 4 fish yesterday. I also had 2 LDR's. There were only four or five other anglers but I didn't a single fish caught by any of them.
    So despite my "skunk" on Saturday, I was pleased with my results on Sunday and Monday.
    Good report and info HSano.

Glad you got in to them and had a good time.

Your report is much appreciated.

Bob