Thread: Boise, Idaho area intel?

Default Boise, Idaho area intel?

All,
    I am taking a long weekend over Memorial Day in Boise with the Mrs. I know the Boise river runs right through town, anyone fished it at this time? I am worried about high water due to runoff given what I have read and the big snow pack.

Seems that the next best option might be the Owyhee River in Oregon...?

Any smaller local headwater streams in Idaho worth checking out that anyone is willing to share?

We will probably set aside either Saturday or Sunday to try to find a few trout. Thank you for any help the community is willing to offer. Trying not to have to drive more than an hour or two to find fish-able water.

I fished around Hagerman and Bliss. They stock fish there in the wildlife management area. It was pretty easy to catch rainbows. I think it is open all year round. Turns out they raise trout thereto stock all over the state. I know there are some guides that fish downtown Boise. I would contact one of the fly shops in Boise. Good luck, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Quote Originally Posted by mems View Post
    I fished around Hagerman and Bliss. They stock fish there in the wildlife management area. It was pretty easy to catch rainbows. I think it is open all year round. Turns out they raise trout thereto stock all over the state. I know there are some guides that fish downtown Boise. I would contact one of the fly shops in Boise. Good luck, Mems.
    Thanks Mems!

Anyone else got anything to share??

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Thanks Mems!

Anyone else got anything to share??
    PM Sent- Problem is water may be very high because of the runoff..... Boise River in town, South Fork of Boise is one of best fly fishing rivers in the West. Owyhee River about 1 hr west in Oregon is special.