Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2019 AR Shad Reports

Fished this morning in my mini drifter. I was getting worried when I didn’t get a bump in the whole top half of the run I’ve been floating. Started get one here and there in the middle of the run and then it got pretty consistent near the bottom of the stretch. Lots of skinny spent fish but I did get a couple of fresh hens that were bulging with eggs. Ended up boating over 70!

Fished this morning for an hour and got 7. Then I floated with Earle and we had to work hard to get a hundred to the boat. Earle out fished me almost 2:1 using a Ronald McDonald. I still made my monthly daily average using a Firecracker!

Floated with Earle today and we put over 110 to the boat. It wasn't red hot and we had to do some work. Hot fly was the Ronald McDonald

So how many fish would be considered"red hot"?

Cotton started flying around for the first time in my neighborhood about 2 weeks ago........... still flying around. This season still has some legs to it, I believe.

Red hot would be 20+ fish an hour. The day Earle and I got over 200 we average around 30 per hour (you could say that it was on fire). Yesterday we averaged less than 15 per hour. Floated in my mini today and got over 90 breaking the 2000 mark for this run. Lots of skinny spent fish but there were several fresh hens. Hot flies were the Bloody Maria and the Red Lipstick.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-01-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Took the mini out and got over a hundred in 8 hours of fishing which I consider good fishing! 30 ft of LC13, Bloody Maria and Red Lipstick!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Took the mini out and got over a hundred in 8 hours of fishing which I consider good fishing! 30 ft of LC13, Bloody Maria and Red Lipstick!
    I haven’t fished in over 2 weeks due to work and being sick. Are you currently finding more success in the morning or evening for Shad?

I’ve been fishing midday using my boat. The evenings are good but had been crowded.

Thanks for the info. I bet the LC is coming in handy for the midday.