Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2019 AR Shad Reports

I tried several different spots today looking for a place to wade in these high flows. Only got single digits but my gear friends using flies did very well. I guess you just have to get deep and 12.5 ft of LC13 wasn’t cutting it. Floating with Earle tomorrow so I think things with be different.

Earle Sloan and I floated today and put over 200 shad to the boat. Best day of shad fishing for both of us. I was using 30 ft of LC13 with a Firecracker and Earle was using a 300 grain 24 ft DC sink tip with a Ronald McDonald.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 06-09-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Earle Sloan and I floated today and put over 200 shad to the boat. Best day of shad fishing for both of us. I was using 30 ft of LC13 with a Firecracker and Earle was using a 300 grain 24 ft DC sink tip with a Ronald McDonald.
    I bow Jeff................

FYI, the Sunrise boat ramp is currently closed after a truck, boat and trailer went into the river last night. Fished during the day and it was slow. Went back this evening and got double digits. Lots of anglers mostly gear but not much catching. I went old school and tied on a Wet Pinky and that was the trick!

Ouch! Fingers crossed that I will never, EVER, be “that guy”. It’s apparently a lot easier to do than most of would like to think, as this is hardly the first time it has happened. Just glad they are ok, but man talk about a real bummer of a way to miss out on some fishing!
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Fished this morning before it got unbearable and this evening. Hot fly was my M-80 (a size 6 Firecracker) which got me into triple digits on a float with a Earle on Sunday! Got into double digits and even caught a few on a soft hackle steel head fly!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Ouch! Fingers crossed that I will never, EVER, be “that guy”. It’s apparently a lot easier to do than most of would like to think, as this is hardly the first time it has happened. Just glad they are ok, but man talk about a real bummer of a way to miss out on some fishing!
    Very easy to do............... Being in a hurry as not to cause angst at the ramp, excited to go fishing after long days at work, launching alone, and being so damn busy that you don't get to use the boat very often or at and our of routine...... Add them all up and voila!

Thank goodness I've not had the misfortune...... Take it slow and easy at the ramp. If you see someone launching their boat alone, help out instead of creating more anxiety.

Worse is now every misstep is on Social media. Not cool.

Tom Grant and I hit it Tuesday with Guide Andy Guibbord. Solid day, mostly threw 27 feet of T-11. Jeff's firecracker was most consistent.
    Steady but had to move a lot to keep the grabs coming. Andy was great.
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Get out with Andy for Shad and/or Stripers........

https://andyguibord.wordpress.com/guiding-instruction/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Andy has been putting in some work on the river. Fished his morning and evening and it was very slow for me. Did get into double digits but it took a lot of casting. M-80 and my Slamming Ching worked. It’s great to get some shad swinging a soft hackle!