Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2019 AR Shad Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Caught 5 small males this morning mid-river before being surrounded by bobber guys. Fished using Type 6 sink tip and a Bloody Maria with a Firecracker dropper. All were caught on the dropper. See you in 3 months Honey!
    Way to go Jeff !!!!!

Glad you got the ball rollin' again.

Looking forward to reading your reports and reminiscing of days past @ road 48 on the Sac. !!!

Bob

And their Off! Tally Hooooo!

Default Good to meet you yesterday Jeff

Caught 5 small males this morning mid-river before being surrounded by bobber guys. Fished using Type 6 sink tip and a Bloody Maria with a Firecracker dropper. All were caught on the dropper. See you in 3 months Honey!
    The bobber guys took us over but good thing we had a few grabs before. Cheers to a fun Shad run, should be a great one.

-Mike

Middle of the river means it should be all over the river...........can't wait to try tomorrow.

In the high Spring flow (9,000 cfs) they could be from Nimbus dam downstream to the mouth.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Left my waders in my other car or I would have tried today.

Got into double digits this morning before the bobber guys showed up. When they did the bite went dead. I think the bobbers make too much noise (Aron calls them grenades). All were caught on the Firecracker except for one on the Maria. I was using a Type 3 sink tip because the Type 6 was hanging up on the bottom.

Got into double digits this morning before the bobber guys showed up. When they did the bite went dead. I think the bobbers make too much noise (Aron calls them grenades). All were caught on the Firecracker except for one on the Maria. I was using a Type 3 sink tip because the Type 6 was hanging up on the bottom.
    GIMME A 'B'
    GIMME AN 'O'
    GIMME ANOTHER 'B'
    GIMME ONE MORE 'B'
    WOW! WHERE DID ALL THESE 'B's FLY IN FROM?
    SHOO THAT MIDDLE 'B' AWAY! AND PUT THE FIRST LETTER OF MY NAME IN ITS PLACE!
    NOW, GIMME AN 'E'
    AND GIMME AN 'R'
    AND LASTLY...
    GIMME AN S
    WHAT'S THAT SPELL?

BOMBERS!!!

AND YOU SEE... BOBBERS DO! BECOME BOMBERS!!

Sounds like the action wasn't QUITE as explosive as it should have been... considering the; GRENADES, FIRECRACKERS, BOMBERS AND BLOODY MARIAS... Glad you got some JEFF

Jeff, do you have a photo and recipe for the firecracker you would be willing to share? Size you have been tying and having success with as well? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!