Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2019 AR Shad Reports

Default Fished with Andy on 6/7

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Fished this afternoon in my mini drifter and it was tough to find a fish. Andy went upriver with his clients and immediate got into shad. I rowed upriver and started picking up fish here and there. I moved down and found a bucket and got into double digits all on the Firecracker! I went home when the flow started going up. Wading is going to just about impossible. If you do try be safe, wear a pdf!

My friend Allison and I fished with Andy in his jet boat on 6/7. The flows were 13,000 cfs when we started at 1:30pm and over 15,000 cfs when we finished at 8pm. It was Allison's first time fishing for shad. We hooked over 100 shad and landed half using rods with various lengths of LC13. The hot fly was Andy's lipstick fly. We have over 15 doubles'. We saw hundred's of shad swimming in schools under the boat. Whenever action got slow. Andy would move the boat a few feet. I was so tired at the end of the trip and Allison was grinining from ear to ear. I kept telling her on the ride home that it is not always like that

Loretta Strickland

Andy is the man! Did a short float in my mini drifter and got over 90 shad using my M-80 and 30 ft of LC13! Second best day of this run and put me over the thousand mark!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 06-14-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Short float today and got well into double digits. Bunch of other boats and none were hooking up on a regular basis. Hot flies were the M-80, Lipstick and Ronald McDonald!

Floated this afternoon with Earle and it was very slow and spotty. We picked up a few at each spot where we stopped. We ended up scratching up over 40. Hot flies were the M-80 and Ronald McDonald. Ran into Andy with clients and he was putting them into a bunch of shad

Floated in my mini and got over 40. There were a few other boats but no one was really getting into them. I used 30 ft of LC14 and flies that worked were the Firecracker, Red Lipstick and the Too Sexy! I was getting baked in the sun with not much wind so I left early

need a bimini for your dingy?

It came with one but doesn’t work with casting a fly rod. I gave it to Andy who is going to use it on his drift boat for American River tours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    It came with one but doesn’t work with casting a fly rod. I gave it to Andy who is going to use it on his drift boat for American River tours.
    UV Proof pop up umbrella works great for much needed 30 minute break/nap from fishing and the hot sun. There is a difference between fabrics........... The good ones work very well and provide relief from searing in the sunshine.

Excellent suggestion! I was thinking about an umbrella. Now I know the right kind to get! Thanks!

Waded today because it was too hot to float. Got well into double digits using the Firecracker, Ronald McDonald, and Red Lipstick!