Thread: Pyramid Report

Default Pyramid Report

I saw Bob's report and got motivated to make a report on my trip there while the board was under repair a couple of weeks ago. I fished and camped for two nights and could not find a fish but also did not work at it very hard. I fished maybe a couple of hours a day. I guess you cant expect much if you are not willing to put some time in. The first day people around me were catching fish and I hooked one but not for long. I did get a few pictures and found some old bottles in a garbage pile. With the help of the internet I was able to date the bottles between 1933 and 1948 and identify where they were made. My dog chased some rabbits and the weather was decent. Not a bad way to spend a couple of days.

That is as flat as it gets.

The view from monument rock.

My night camping shot. The stars are a little light but if you get it on a good monitor or screen it is a nice shot. This really epitomizes camping up there for me.

This is Washington rock with the pinnacles behind it. I assume the face at the top is what gives it the name.

Two of the bottles I found. I refilled them with some beer I made. Me and an old Paiute guy from 1948 will drink from the same bottle. That is living history.

That bottle story is so cool. I once bought a really old fly box at a flea market, still had a bunch of old wet flys in it. Some were fish chewed and some were just falling apart from age, all the hooks were rusted. I made it a point to catch brookies on those flies for the same reason you reused those bottles. Maybe flyfishers are a bunch of sentimental old fools, but it sure felt right to me.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Thanks for another 5 star post John......

In South Sacramento when they were cleaning up the old Edmonds Field, where the Sacramento Solons played baseball, maybe 50 years

ago to build Gemco they came across a garbage dump in the excavation full of old bottles.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

wow. really inspiring images man, thanks. Are you a pro photographer?
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Dave - strictly amateur. I have been messing around with it for a few years. I tend to dabble in a lot of things and never get really serious. There is a bunch of posts on the photography page you could check out.

John,

Thanks for another awe-inspiring photo journey! One of the great benefits of having the Kiene forum
    live on. Agree with Ed about the bottle story. Awesome night shot. No dog along, I guess.
    San Diego Union-Tribune had a sports writer -Jack Murphy - the Chargers-Padres stadium was originally
    named for him - and he loved his hunting. He had a black lab named Abe - even wrote a book
    titled "Abe and Me" - and if he ever pulled his shotgun out of the closet, Abe would go bananas.
    He often had to do it on the sly.

Thanks for sharing,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego