Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are all waiting for the Shad Master, Jeff Ching, to post his first catch for 2019

Hi Dave, check out the CDEC pages; many state sponsored stations on most streams. Not all have cfs; some only have water height. Hit and miss, but station von at Verona has cfs, water temp, many others. Check this url http://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/...&end=undefined. See you at lakewood or Tuesday at the meeting.

Was at Verona Tuesday morning. Only four feet of clearance on metal walkway out to dock. The pull through to launch your boat was a second launch. Never seen it so high. Parking lot was a lake. Sac was brown, Feather brownish green. Striper fishermen seemed to be doing OK. One Shad fisherman out. Didn't see him catch anything while I was there.
    I see that water level is coming down though. Yea.

Went to Verona this Saturday for nada. Still 57.8 degrees and water was dirtier than previous weekend coming out of Feather. Water too high so feel the fish are just pushing right on through and not slowing down to play. I see that Discovery Park is reopening on April 30th. Are all of the other parks now open for boat launching?

Thanks Erik B

Looks like the Virginia Shad Cam is back on line.
    Best to all,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/...&end=undefined

CDEC shows about 32K CFS at Verona now. Anybody know what CFS should be when we like it?
    Ideally when the bar forms to wade out the that slot they come up or at least launch a small boat with getting into trouble?
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Last year at this time Verona was at 16000 it dropped to around 9k by mid May according to my notes. Fished Verona yesterday fishable but the Feather is kinda dirty. Got a couple of smaller stripers. Type 6 Sink and typical Clouser patterns. Seen a couple of boats fishing for Shad (at the mouth)but don’t know how they did.
    Last edited by Jeff Stephens; 05-02-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Cool Jeff, thats super useful, thanks man
    !!
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Lots of action.
    Good cure for insomnia.

Virginia's ShadCam is up and running; Just saw a few fish pose
    for the camera.
    https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/shadcam/

Best,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego[/QUOTE]