Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help us decide

Since I no longer live in Washington I'll give a little secret away. Sep/Oct is prime time for chinook and coho on the Humptulips below 101. You'll need to float into some of the better areas, but well worth it! Throwing a two-handed will incumbent of the water levels.

If you need a brief stop try the Cowlitz just above the steelhead hatchery (Blue Creek). There's good water below the ramp, but usually a few to many bait tossers.

My profile picture shows two Cowlitz hatchery brats!
    You shoulda been here yesterday!

For SEPT/OCT time frame on west coast CONUS destinations, the Klickitat River in WA is prime time for steel, and kings on the swing. The Klick is probably the best bet out of all the CONUS destinations at that time. Great public walk/wade access on the lower river (can be crowded on weekends due to the great access), and if you have access to something that floats (raft, etc) the middle and upper stretches don't get near the foot traffic the lower stretch does (no walk/wade access unless you walk a long ways). Outside of CONUS, no doubt about it, British Columbia, most any where.