Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are up and running thanks to Gregg Machel............

Really appreciate having the forum back, Bill!! Thanks!!

Bill-Gregg,

Very happy the board is up and running. I went into my picture gallery and all my pictures are gone, I tried to post more pictures and it wouldn't let me, will that be something you will fix so I can post pictures in the future?

Thanks again- Carl Blackledge
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 04-11-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Glad the forum is back up and running.

jon

Thanks for all your hard work. My mornings have been a little empty w/o this forum.

Along with everyone else: Congratulations on the "New and Improved" forum.

yep this Forum was sorely missed by me and guys I know
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Carl,
    I tried to use the same files from the old site, but it did not work. I have all of the old files, most likely including the photos you speak of, but it's not built into the current version of the forum software.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Bill-Gregg,

Very happy the board is up and running. I went into my picture gallery and all my pictures are gone, I tried to post more pictures and it wouldn't let me, will that be something you will fix so I can post pictures in the future?

Thanks again- Carl Blackledge
    Here's a quick run down of what had to happen, and what is yet to come.

The folks at the new Kiene's Fly Shop were awesome and sent me a copy of the database, and the old file structure of this forum. Huge thanks to those guys there, you are awesome!

So I tried to just plug and play, but ran into several issues. I took this opportunity to upgrade the software to the latest patch, there have been a few since this was last updated, so now we are at the most current version available to us. As a result, a lot of the old configuration is gone, and perhaps some photos/icons.

Now, in the URL it states "Not secure", but this is because the forum isn't encrypted. This never used to be an issue, but with modern sites it is now expected that most everything is encrypted with "https" vs. "http". I can assure you that your data here is safe, there is nothing to worry about. That being said, I still plan to fix this, but when I tried, even after getting a new security certificate for this site, it broke all of the styles here and made the forum unusable. Didn't feel like fixing this after a whole evening of getting the forum back up! I will be working on this in the next few days to get everything up to modern day standards and get rid of the "Not secure" message you might see in your browser.

Next thing after that is Bill wants to upgrade his template on his regular site, then I will make this forum match that site and make it all fit again.

As of now, the site should be fully functional and usable, just not "perfect". Let me know if you find any issues, and I will look into it.

I have been out of the scene for a while because when Bill sold his shop, they already had a guy like me that Gary worked with and didn't need two of us. I bowed out after seeing that the other guy was quite capable, and honestly needed a break anyway. Now I'm back with Bill and we have the band back together again!
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

As a 14 year member am very pleased the forum is back without loosing old files. Many thanks to Bill and Greg.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

I just noticed the picture of my son in my profile. He's in his mid 20's now and is already an Army Veteran! How time flies.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I guess that means we can't post pictures anymore. I just tried again and it wouldn't let me.

Carl