Thread: Feather & Yuba Flows Going Up

Unhappy Feather & Yuba Flows Going Up

Just when you start to see a few fish show up the rivers get blown out and there's more to come.
    On the news yesterday they said that Bullard's Bar is releasing a ton more water because of the rain and early snow melt. This has brought the flow in Marysville up to 12K cfs. Add that to the Feather flow and Boyds Pump is WAY up and muddy.

Now, in this mornings paper they are saying they are going to start releasing more water out of Oroville Dam and may try out that new spillway.

This is definitely going to put a damper on striper fishing in the Feather for a while. Uugh.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Yeah, it’s looking like it may be a tricky spring all around. On the flip side, I’ll take this anyday after the 5 year drought we just endured... Mother Nature is a fickle ��. Sure feels like spring is sprung, but it make take a bit before things settle down to some better fishing conditions. We are keeping busy with lots of practice casting; we will probably end up in better casting shape than we would if the fishing were “on fire” already...
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown