Thread: Cocoons

Default Cocoons

Curious.

Time to replace my aging sunglasses. I've used this pair for general wear and fishing. Not the most fashionable pair, but highly functional for fishing which was more important to me.

My next pair of sunglasses can be either full prescription (for convenience) but again lack fashion...... I find wrap around type frames best for being on the water by boat or wading, but they are not the most flattering on my face......

OR do I go with less functional pair for looks, then go with a Cocoon 'cover' for my prescription glasses when boating and fishing?

Any testimonials on the Cocoons? Kiene's carries them......... Not very expensive vs. prescription Maui Jims. Can leave a pair in the fishing bag, boat, car, etc.

Life is good, but was better when I didn't need 'readers'......

Thanks.

Did not like the fit of Cocoons (too tight) but I've used Fitovers for years. More comfortable fit, a nice range of sizes depending on how large your glasses are, comes with a case, and with a retainer cord (or at least they used to). I've read that these sort of glasses are not very good in the tropics, but have never had a problem with them in any temperature I've run into in the US.
    -JD

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I've read that these sort of glasses are not very good in the tropics, but have never had a problem with them in any temperature I've run into in the US.
    Never read the testimonial, I have used them (fit over Cocoons) in the tropics without any issue. I liked the side light blocking capabilities of the Cocoons over my pair of prescription sunglasses. The latter was a waste of money on more than one occasion. The fit over sunglasses never had an issue with distortion either.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Did not like the fit of Cocoons (too tight) but I've used Fitovers for years. More comfortable fit, a nice range of sizes depending on how large your glasses are, comes with a case, and with a retainer cord (or at least they used to). I've read that these sort of glasses are not very good in the tropics, but have never had a problem with them in any temperature I've run into in the US.
    Jonathan Paul Fitovers?

Cocoons and Fitovers are sun glasses`designed to go over your perscription glasses.

They are Polarized and come in sizes too.

They usually come in Amber, Brown and green/blue/gray?

There are difference qualities in this type of product too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by gitt View Post
    Never read the testimonial, I have used them (fit over Cocoons) in the tropics without any issue. I liked the side light blocking capabilities of the Cocoons over my pair of prescription sunglasses. The latter was a waste of money on more than one occasion. The fit over sunglasses never had an issue with distortion either.
    Just realized that you are wearing "fitovers" in your profile picture........ very nice.

You caught me with my low light fit overs on in my profile photo. You are the first to notice the product placement. 80) I never said they were a fashion statement as those days are behind me. Disclaimer: I am in no way compensated for this product endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by gitt View Post
    You caught me with my low light fit overs on in my profile photo. You are the first to notice the product placement. 80) I never said they were a fashion statement as those days are behind me. Disclaimer: I am in no way compensated for this product endorsement.
    Ha! Good show.....