Thread: Props for Jeff Putnam

Default Props for Jeff Putnam

So my wife I have been in training for our first real saltwater fishing trip, and it was clear that some casting lessons were sorely needed. We just had a really great lesson today with Jeff Putnam, and I felt it appropriate to post a “two thumbs up” recommendation. If you are looking to tune up your casting, or know a beginner that you’d like to help get off to a good start, I highly recommend a lesson with Jeff.

He really went above and beyond both our expectations today. Pretty much had to deconstruct some pretty ingrained habits, and then managed to actually put it all back together before the end of our session. I’m still trying to get the body to stop hitting it quite so hard, but bit by bit things are really coming along nicely. We are both serious instructors ourselves (other sports), so I can say that I really recognize great instructors when I see them. Thanks again Jeff, that was a really top notch lesson today!
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Jeff can help you with any level of single hand or two hand / Spey casting.

Jeff also has some good instructional videos.

https://www.jpflyfishing.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    So my wife I have been in training for our first real saltwater fishing trip, and it was clear that some casting lessons were sorely needed. We just had a really great lesson today with Jeff Putnam, and I felt it appropriate to post a “two thumbs up” recommendation. If you are looking to tune up your casting, or know a beginner that you’d like to help get off to a good start, I highly recommend a lesson with Jeff.

He really went above and beyond both our expectations today. Pretty much had to deconstruct some pretty ingrained habits, and then managed to actually put it all back together before the end of our session. I’m still trying to get the body to stop hitting it quite so hard, but bit by bit things are really coming along nicely. We are both serious instructors ourselves (other sports), so I can say that I really recognize great instructors when I see them. Thanks again Jeff, that was a really top notch lesson today!
    JB
    Hey Jason,

Where will the inaugural trip take place? Hope to do my first saltwater trip in the next couple years.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricO View Post
    Hey Jason,

Where will the inaugural trip take place? Hope to do my first saltwater trip in the next couple years.

Eric
    Eric, we were originally trying to do a Belize trip late last fall but had a few too many life obstacles come up. The big one was our dogs health was seriously in question, and we weren’t sure just how many more days we had left with him. Seems to have stabilized, and we were still severely itching to give it a shot. Flights/lodging to Baja were very attractive so we are heading to the east cape for a diy adventure/humbling. Should be a blast, I can hardly wait!
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Jason, stoked you and your wife got some tune up casting from Jeff. Jeff is amazing on how he can break down the casting stroke to the millisecond! He has a the gift and we are so grateful to have such an amazing casting instructor in our backyard. Jeff, hope you are holding up well my friend!

JasonB,
    Check your PM's.
    Larry S

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Eric, we were originally trying to do a Belize trip late last fall but had a few too many life obstacles come up. The big one was our dogs health was seriously in question, and we weren’t sure just how many more days we had left with him. Seems to have stabilized, and we were still severely itching to give it a shot. Flights/lodging to Baja were very attractive so we are heading to the east cape for a diy adventure/humbling. Should be a blast, I can hardly wait!
    JB
    That's cool Jason. Ya, the flights to Baja are much more reasonable than say Hawaii. I've been eyeing Jay Murakoshi's
    trips to La Paz over the years. Very inexpensive compared to most saltwater trips.

Looking forward to some Rooster pics off the beach.

Eric