Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiene's Forum will be shut down permanently on April 1, 2019

Great Forum, Great People, So very sad!!
    Lincoln Gray
    LG'S Fly Fishing Adventures
    530-520-6895
    http://lgflyfishingadventures.com

If true this is another Bonehead move by management . It seems they want things to fail.

I too hope this is just an April Fool's joke. I will not be using Facebook.
    Thanks for hosting a great forum.
    Ted

Will not be moving to FB if this is not a joke. Very poor decision.
    -JD

I'm not one to simply pile on because it seems popular Bill but... I don't do face book and find the decision disappointing. I have been absent from the forum here for some time but had been visiting recently to see who was doing what. I've been silent because Alaska is far removed from most posters but still have enjoyed this group.

Ard / Hardyreels

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    No problem- A very good fly fish forum is "the north american fly fishing forum" I been on it for a few months....lots of action----------I will never go to Facebook
    Spey Pages is also great for everything two-handed and steelhead/salmon related. Plus they have an awesome forum on tying! I will check out the North American Forum

I added the FB Page to my feed just in case, but I've been yanked by Bill's late-winter wit before.

47 posts to one thread in a day....it's one way to get people to tune in and sign on, but I'd rather talk about which product lines, guides, presenters are going to be at Kiene's Fair in four weeks.
    Any news there?
    It's a five hour run to Bradshaw for us.

BTW: The Fred Hall Show ( be it, what it may ) in Bakersfield is this Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Dave

If this is an April Fools Joke two weeks early, I am annoyed, because really (and respectfully, Bill)...who does that?

If the forum is actually shutting down, I am even more annoyed. I direct most of my local FF business to Kienes and a large part of the reason is to "pay back" the wealth of information I gain from this forum.

Either way I am annoyed. And either way, I will not be going to FB for my fly fishing discussions. It is a cesspool of political, social, and adolescent garbage.
    Last edited by PV_Premier; 03-13-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Since Bill has not replied to confirm that everything is true.......I suspect it might be April's fools day.........on the other hand it could be true. No matter what I will not be going to Facebook garbage......never did I never will.

Not a regular poster but regular reader. No facebook for me either. Hope that we don't say goodbye after April 1st.
    Dick