Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiene's Forum will be shut down permanently on April 1, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Larry S View Post
    mems,
    Some years ago, around the Fools Day, he announced the sale of the shop to Scott V.
    Do you suppose? Have never met Scott, but we joined forces in a small fund raising
    effort for the family of beloved Kiene member Shig. Why do so many of
    our truly good ones have a meteoric existence? RIP, Shig!
    Best to all,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego
    Thanks for all you did Larry! That prank by Bill was great, he didn't even warn me. I was getting messages left and right from people.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I too will miss this forum. I check it every day with my morning coffee. Please reconsider your decision. Perhaps even charge a nominal fee to participate. I WON'T be seeing you on Facebook.

Sorry to hear the news. I’ve learned quite a bit on this local forum from some very knowledgeable fly fishers.

I have never and will never use Facebook.

Possibly a poor business decision for the fly shop. Only time will tell.

Take care and best of luck to Kiene’s.

ditto that...facebook is a step in the wrong direction. been good having this forum

Quote Originally Posted by pvsprme View Post
    18 posts before someone note “beginning April 1....”?
    You guys are slooow today.
    Well done Bill.
    10 posts by the way!

Oh no! Horrible timing too. There might be a riot at Kiene's shop if they can't get Jeff's daily shad reports!

And on a serious note, I agree with all the above. I despise Facebook, never had an account and would never go there either, as echoed by the regulars on this board. Hope you reconsider. I look forward to logging into this board every single morning when I get to the office. It would be a shame to not have this board anymore.

~Jeff Fisher

This board was a gold mine of information for me when I was a newbie, and I find that I continue to learn from the many fine anglers that make up this community. I don’t see Facebook facilitating the kind of community that you’ve built here, and for a whole slew of other issues Facebook will alienate a certain percentage of people. I can’t tell you how much I have appreciated this forum Bill, and I’ve been fortunate to have met some very good people through it. I imagine this wasn’t an easy decision, and I thank you for providing this platform for all of us over the years. I’d bet this made a pretty significant contribution to the local fly fishing community, and I think there will be quite a void that it will leave.
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    This board was a gold mine of information for me when I was a newbie, and I find that I continue to learn from the many fine anglers that make up this community. I don’t see Facebook facilitating the kind of community that you’ve built here, and for a whole slew of other issues Facebook will alienate a certain percentage of people. I can’t tell you how much I have appreciated this forum Bill, and I’ve been fortunate to have met some very good people through it. I imagine this wasn’t an easy decision, and I thank you for providing this platform for all of us over the years. I’d bet this made a pretty significant contribution to the local fly fishing community, and I think there will be quite a void that it will leave.
    Exactly.......I just learned about "slapping a reel" yesterday on a post on this board! I had no idea what the hell that was and it led me to google it. Now I know. Although I don't know if my Galvan's are "slappable".

~Jeff

Let hope that the powers that are shutting down this board are "slappable" LOL just kidding Bill

That is a shame. Seems to me it would hurt business online and at the shop.

Sean
    Last edited by Grassgrower; 03-13-2019 at 11:41 AM.