Thread: Pyramid Report 3/8/2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pyramid Report 3/8/2019

There's been a bit of chatter lately about good fishing trips, and for me, today was one of those.............

Recently I've been in contact with my fishing pal from Chico (Dave) and today we met up at Pyramid.
    I haven't seen or fished with him for over 5 years and boy, oh boy, it was fantastic to be on the water with him again telling lies and sharing stories and reminiscing too.

And... today was his birthday too........HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dave !!!!!!

Dave and his group are going to do a guided trip on the lake tomorrow and we arranged to meet up so we could do a "pre-fish"........since Dave has never fished Pyramid.

I was on the water at 8:15 and the wind was coming from the north.......the weather reports had promised westerly winds up to 17 mph. They blew it again......no pun intended.
    The winds at the "one to the north" beach were howling all day from the north and north east.
    Unfortunately the wind direction and speed clouded up the clear water at the "one to the north" beach and the "catching" suffered for EVERYONE there today.

Dave and his co-pilot (Joe) arrived around noon'ish and they suited up to fish in the wind.
    Around 2:30 Dave hooked and landed his first ever Pyramid Cutthroat, a good sized "rat".
    Shortly afterwards I landed a couple of smaller "rats".
    Unfortunately, Joe has to take a tomato juice bath tonight.

Today the fish didn't want anything to do with the "Cherry Bomb" midges.
    They were only interested in black or Midnight Cowboy balanced leeches.

So the total for three fishermen today was: ~18 1/2 total hours fishing.......landing 3 "rats".

Humph..........what a difference a week makes......

Hope the guys have a good day of it tomorrow !!!!!!!

Bob

That lake can be tough!

Thanks for posting the report. How did they do the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanerb View Post
    That lake can be tough!

Thanks for posting the report. How did they do the next day?

I got that call/report tonight.

Everyone in their group caught some fish on Saturday.
    3 fish seemed to be the "average" per angler for the day, by no means "red hot" fishing.
    Dave did see one 15-18lb'er landed.

Their half-day on Sunday left Dave, and "co-pilot Joe", needing a tomato juice bath.

Apparently my midges/flies were scrutinized and were determined that "they wouldn't catch fish" because they were "too thick" and "were tied on scud hooks"...............whatever..............

Late edit: Going to try and dispel the "they wouldn't catch fish" on Friday.........report to follow.

BS
    Last edited by BS; 03-12-2019 at 10:44 PM.