Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a good fishing trip?

There are some attributes such as "good company" that are paramount. But for me it also depends a LOT on what the trip is for. Went out yesterday for the first time with a guy I met. Fished locally for redfish. The weather was tough and we both got skunked. But I had a great time. For that kind of trip its a lot about being on the water with good folks.

But in two weeks I am heading to the Seychelles. I would be flat lying if I said its all about "good company" I am going with a very good friend and fishing buddy so that is covered. But this trip has some built in expectations. To make it a good trip I think these have to be in place:
    1. Quality gear and guides
    2. Quality fishery with opportunities.

Perhaps the best way to put it is that the outfit has done an adequate job of the things that are in their control. And they do their best to deal with less than optimal things they can't control. Did you get what you paid for?

IFsteve

I think you said it perfectly...after all it is a fishing trip, but good friends and top end gear do make it more enjoyable...I actually enjoy fighting a big fish with a great rod and good reel....maybe like watching a good bird dog work?

Carl Blackledge

Good luck in the Seychelles. Post a story when you get back, I hope you get a big GT and a milkie on the flat. Mems.
    Don Memmer

Quote Originally Posted by mems View Post
    Good luck in the Seychelles. Post a story when you get back, I hope you get a big GT and a milkie on the flat. Mems.
    Thanks, Don. This trip is to get my last bucket list fish, the GT. We timed this to have the best tides for them so we'll see if there are any milks around. Also would love to get a bumpie and a trigger. But I am all in for a GEET!