Thread: WTB aluminum Pram

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If I may back up Carl a bit here, that pram in the picture is one I bought from him years ago. I'm no spring chicken either, but I spend way more time standing on the seat(Carl had a diamond plate seat put in before I bought it) than on the floor. I can stand on either side of the seat but mostly in the center. I fish for stripers in the American quite a bit and as I drift downstream the pram will twist and turn with the winds and currents, I wear a stripping basket on my belt and just pivot as needed to fish my targets. I've packed it on my back for short distances, like through narrow gates. I've also slid it down levees, up levees, across lawns and parks, and once used two slimy logs to launch off a high bank at low tide in the delta. It's been banged up a bit since that pic was taken but it's like dings on my shotgun, every one's a bit of my history. Every fisherman has different needs, there's no one watercraft(or even 3 watercraft) that will be perfect in every situation. I've been calling it the Black Pearl for years, but after reading Carl's post above maybe "Mental Head" would be better?

Ed Wahl
    Last edited by Ed Wahl; 02-25-2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.