Thread: Lower Sac

Default Lower Sac

Has anyone floated the lower sac recently? Going to try and get up there on monday once this weather passes.

I would call the Fly Shop or Kiene's to get river conditions. Or check www.CNRFC.NOAA.Gov for gauging reports. The main tribs below Redding still have fairly high flows; nothing like Thursday but the combined flows of Cow, Battle, Clear Creek and Cottonwood are predicted to exceed 7500 cfs. Current flow of Sac at Bend Bridge is 16,374. As a reference, flow on 09/15/2018 at Bend Bridge was about 8,500. Lots of handy data at the cnrfc.noaa.gov site

Two days ago I fished the river for the first time this fall/winter. There have been no hatches in my part of the river to speak of until two days ago. Caddis were coming off but not too many, no bwo’s were apparent. I usually will have at least 20 days in by this time of the year. I live on the river and keep a pretty good eye out for hatches. Fishing was good with a pupa.
    Last edited by Bkane; 02-16-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Fished this saturday and it was relatively slow. Fishing picked up in the afternoon once the sun peaked out a bit and the pmds started hatching