Thread: iPhone Steelhead

Default iPhone Steelhead

I got the iPhone X in December on a deal where you get a free phone if you add a line. I canceled my old line and had to get a new number but it seemed worth it for a free phone. Anyhow, the talk was that the camera on the X was a big upgrade over prior versions of the iPhone. I did some fishing in Oregon last week and got a few fish shots with it. Seems like the editing produces a more realistic image than my prior iPhone which was a 6. The phone did not overexpose the steelhead which is a pretty common problem with bright fish and a dark background. The images look good on your phone screen which is probably their goal but if you put them on a desk top monitor you can see the resolution flaws.

As far as the fishing report, we caught some nice ones but they did not come easily. There are a lot of drift boat owners in Oregon and they all have internet access and can read river flow graphs and weather reports so expect to fish with plenty of new friends when conditions are good. Enjoy the winter. Rainfall rocks!

A nice wild buck. Only a few miles from reach of tide.

A hatchery hen with a little piece of the adipose fin left that did not get clipped.

Another wild buck 100+ miles from saltwater. Pretty clean fish for such a long journey.

Very nice John......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I miss Oregon.

John H,