Thread: Bittersweet News

Default Bittersweet News

For three short years I absorded a lot of the fishing and hunting opportunities California had to offer. Some of these opportunities were new and some I rekindled after 30-plus years away. I've met a lot of great people on the water and the memories are numerous. However we are not moving too far away.

The wife decided to retire early and wants to be closer to the family... Rogue Valley here we come! I didn't bat an eye- believe me! We'll be out of here mid-May and time for me to start chasing summer runs come June.

I have no intentions of leaving the forum and plan to post some reports for those traveling north as well as keeping the fly tying section hummng with steelie flies.

This has been the best forum I've ever been a member of. No bickering, bitching, whining, etc. I sincerely hope it stays active and an awesome resource... You're all a class act!

John
    SST Flies Blog
    You shoulda been here yesterday!

Glad to hear that you'll still be contributing to the board. I love seeing your flies and also enjoy reading your blog. Enjoy Oregon.

Congratulations on the move and early retirement.

Congratulations on early retirement and your upcoming move. You will also be there just in time for the start of the salmonfly hatch on the upper Rogue. Last year saw some great top water action here for about 4 weeks beginning May 22.
    My wife and I made the move to the Rogue Valley last May and love it here. There is always some fishing on the upper Rogue. Currently winter steelhead with the river in great shape. Only downside was the smoke which settled in the valley from nearby fires.
    Otherwise, a great place to live and play.

Lots of good friends moved up to southern Oregon from California.

Lots of fishing around that area.

No sales tax but I heard property tax is a little high.

Gary Anderson (Anderson Custom Rods), Al Perryman, Gordon Langenbeck, Charlie Costner all moved there from CA.

Good for you two and we love having you on our message board.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........