I fished the Yuba above the bridge yesterday. It was the first time in several years that I parked at the bridge and hoofed up . . . what a difference from years prior! You are able to cross the river in a couple of spots, but any access above the UC property requires some Class V Billygoat hiking these days.

I would say that the Yuba is well on it's way to returning to form. The was a nice PMD hatch for a couple of hours mid-day. The PMD's hatching are both a yellow/ orange color and the pink color. For whatever reason, the fish are keyed in on, and just about only eating the pink PMD's. If you want to make your day more rewarding, be sure to bring some of these with you. It was a good mid-day rise, with fish of all sizes showing themselves.

I did get a couple on a baetis nymph in the morning before the hatch as well. As you can surmise, with the decent fishing, the people are beginning to appear as well. I counted 12 people fishing between the bridge and the Foundation hole. The number of people fishing on the weekend could be interesting . . .