Hope everyone had a good holiday and new years! From reading the forums sounds like it was a memorable one for many of us.

I was able to get out and fish quite a bit over past month. Good overall weather and great flows on the Truckee River. Flows pretty much in the 350-400 range all month and into Jan below boca. I've been doing some more trips way east. Partly because I'm a wimp and its about 10 degrees+ warmer in NV usually and because I'm trying to explore new water. Winter fishing is some of my favorite. Arrive at the river 10-11am and off by about 330. Usually run into a few anglers/guides and most are pretty dang good willing to talk and share tactics. I love to learn and realize quickly that there are a lot of good anglers in our region. Usually it doesn't get going until about 12 or 1pm though as water heats up. If you put your work in the River is giving fish. Slower water and pretty subtle takes. Water temps most days in 38-40 degree range at best. Eggs, worms, midges. pretty small stuff. 20-22 on midges.

Looks like some weather coming in. tight lines.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0984.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	14560